Hello EveryOne...!
Warm evening and we are here with the 15th episode of the story Disguised...
Click here to read 14th episode...

Episode15:
THUD...
THUD...
THUD...
Rapid banging on the door woke up the couple from their deep sleep. Sukruthi responded to it, recovering from drowsiness.
“What’s it?”
Hearing her voice, the lady on the other side of the door stood awed. She wasn’t expecting Sukruthi in that place. As if to confirm, she asked in a low tone,
“Laila, is that you?!”
“Yeah. Give me ten minutes”
“Sure... Sure, take your time”
Sukruthi got up from the bed and started searching her cloths. She noticed, Sandesh had woken up and was looking at her deeply. Moving her eyes away, Sukruthi asked,
“What are you looking at?”
Sandesh smiled at her and responded to her question in just one word, “Nothing” and continued to look at her. She remained silent. After dressing up, she sat on the bed and asked him hesitatingly,
“Do you still want to free me from this place?”
“What do you mean?”
“I mean, things might be clear to you now. That it was just a mere attraction. Nothing much”
Saying this, Sukruthi turned her face away from Sandesh, afraid that he might read her thoughts.
“Yes. Many things are clear to me now”
He paused, got up from the bed, came close to her and whispered in her ears,
“Now I know that you love me too”
Surprised Sukruthi turned to Sandesh. Her eyes were filled with feelings she was struggling to express. Gaining control over her emotions, she shook her head.
“No... I don’t... I don’t love you...”
“You can deny it. But, I’ve seen it in your eyes”
She covered her face with her both hands and let loose few drops of tears, shouting,
“I don’t love you”
“If you don’t love me, then why did you do it? Why did you share that jewel you treasured all these years?”
“I thought I could change your thoughts after this. And, I could free you from my thoughts”
“How many men had come to you with such feelings? And, how many have you freed by giving yourself in?”
Sukruthi was silent.
“You did it because you care for me”
“Caring and loving is not the same thing”
“But, caring is a form of expressing love. And, I know you love me with all your heart. I just know it. What I don’t know is the reason you are hiding it from me”
Silence again.
“Say it. Just say it”
Sukruthi shout out, “Because I’m not worth your love”
Letting out a deep breath, she continued,
“A person of your heart should not just accept and suffer with a low life like me. You deserve a better life”
“Why are you jumping directly to the conclusion? Who told you that I won’t be happy with you? I’m dying to live a single second with you. Why can’t you see that?”
“I know how much you love me. I also know that you will do anything to keep me happy”
“Then what are you afraid of?”
“I’m afraid of this society. They surely won’t accept me. And, when you choose to live with me, they might cast you out as well”
“So what? Why should we even care?”
“We should care”
“Sukruthi, people talk. That’s what they do. If you keep smiling, they will say you are a lunatic. If you remain serious, they will label you as sadist. Why worry about others when we can live happily forever? Our world is what we create. We have the power of choice to add others in it. I can keep just you in my whole world”
He lifted her face slowly, held her hands and continued,
“I can fight the whole world for you, Sukruthi. Even when I know that I can’t fight them all, I would die trying. All I need is you, by my side”
“Why do you love me so much?”
“Because, you are the one who showed me what true love is. I’m just trying to save it for the rest of my life. So, will you marry me?”
There was a long lasting silence. After sometime, breaking the moment of silence, Sukruthi said,
“I will”
                                           *   *   *   *
                 Sandesh had managed to accumulate ten lakh rupees in two days. He had taken out all his savings and had borrowed some from his friends. He even had to sell his bike to adjust the money. At the end of the day, he was all set to accomplish his goal; to free Sukruthi. The very next day, Sukruthi had arranged a meeting with her employer to talk about her freedom. Sandesh carried a bag full of money. They were sitting in the office of the pub; Sandesh, Sukruthi, the manager and the employer. Sandesh placed the bag in front of him and spoke,
“Here’s your money. Let her go”
The employer leaned forward, keeping his hands on the table, he expressed his curiosity,
“I’m curious. Is she worth so much money? We will be dumping her in another five to six years. I don’t see any profit in your investment”
“A person who plays with others lives doesn’t understand it”
“Enlighten me! The person who tries to free a girl from these places is either the one who wants to open similar place keeping her experience in hand or a pimp who provides others what they desire. Considering her age, only a fool can invest on her. But, you don’t look like a fool. You neither look like a competitor. Who are you?”
“It’s none of your concern. We have done our end of the bargain. You do yours”
“Very well”
He took the money and handed it to the manager, who scanned it carefully and nodded in agreement that everything is in order. The employer then handed over the contract papers to Sandesh.
“This is it?”
“Not quite. Wait for sometime till we retrieve something of ours from her body”
It took time for Sandesh to realise that he was talking about the GPS device.
“It was nice doing business with you”, saying this, the employer got up, stretching his hand forward for a shake. Sandesh stared at it. He didn’t want to do the manners. He got up keeping the employer waiting. He then took the contract paper in his hand, tore it in half and threw it to the dust bin.
                                           *   *   *   *
                    Sandesh was waiting outside a small chamber where a minor surgery was being conducted to retrieve the device from Sukruthi. After several minutes, Sukruthi came out with a mid-aged man wearing white apron.
“Have a good day, Laila”, said the doctor.
“Her name is, Sukruthi” Sandesh responded firmly.
He held her by her shoulder and walked her out protectively through the front door of the pub. Sukruthi looked up at the clear sky and let out a deep sigh of relief. She then turned to Sandesh,
“Now what?”
Sandesh smiled at her, held her close and replied,
“Now we go home”
                                           *   *   *   *

No comments:

Post a Comment